19 Jan 5 Signs You Aren’t Ready To Start A Business
It’s not popular but someone has to tell the truth. Everyone isn’t cut out to be a business owner AND successful business owners do the work upfront to craft a solid foundation. Here are a few signs that might indicate you aren’t ready:
- You are about to use LegalZoom to set up your business structure. Jamal Jackson of Jackson Corporate Law is a firm believer that the most successful businesses are not set up via LegalZoom. You can follow him here: https://www.facebook.com/jamal.jackson.12764
- You don’t know what a DUNS number is and you are thinking about paying someone for it. DUNS numbers are free! I talk more about this here: https://youtu.be/ffMZ1GjAnl4
- Piggybacking off of #2, you don’t know that your FEIN number is free as well. Taxpayer ID numbers are just a way for the IRS to track you to collect more tax revenues – those will probably be free foreva!
- You believe that you have to pay someone thousands of dollars to set up business credit. Granted, you could go this route if you had a few thousand to spare. But, if you are short on cash, then you better be long on time. I believe that if you dedicate a few days to studying business credit and you will be well on your way.
- You are still using a free email service like Google or Yahoo as your business email address. I do recommend that the email address be branded with the company as follows – email@example.com BUT I will say that I personally know of a few businesses that are crushing it and they are still using FREE email providers.
You can join our 5 Day Start Your Business Challenge here: www.bit.ly/join5daychallenge